Monday, November 23, 2009

Long-Range plan for Technology

I learned that the state of Texas has created a long range plan for technology. The state has clearly developed a vision for what they want for Texas students with regards to technology. I also learned that students will be expected to master technology TEKS. They will gain real world experiences using digital tools and work with information from a variety of media formats. Teacher will have access to technology and be provided staff development on how to use it and teach technology strategies and individualize learning for students. Both teachers and students will have 24/7 access to technology resources. I learned that both teachers and students need to be supported with instructional and technical support to be successful with technology. Teachers and students both are expected to be up to date on the latest technological skills in order to be succesful. As an administrator it is my repsonsiblity to model the use of technology as well as monitor its use on my campus. After reviewd the long-range plan I have a better understanding of the role a principal plays in ensuring the successful implementation of the the technology standards at my school. I also understand the importance of making sure that all students are prepared to enter a technology driven society and that they need the appropriate technology skills to be able to function with the rest of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment