Monday, November 23, 2009

Technology Surveys

The first assessment I took was the Technology Applications Inventory. The results indicated that the areas that I am strongest in with regards to technology are the foundations domain and the communication domain. I would agree with this because I do feel like I have a strong sense of basic technology skills and how to use technology for communication purposes. The areas I am weakest in are the areas of information acquisition and problem solving. I had a split number of knowledge in these two areas. These are areas that I feel that I need more professional development in. I agree with these outcomes because I feel that I only have a basic knowledge of these two areas rather than a true working knowledge of how to implement them effectively. After reviewing the inventory I realized the specific areas I need to work on in these two weak domains include working with graphics, and how to resolve information conflicts and validate information. I feel that this class has helped my further develop some of the skills that I was weak in.


The second survey SETDA Teacher Survey made me realize that I am very strong in using technology for collection of student data and grades. I also have a good handle of using technology myself to deliver my instruction. However, I realized that I do not have students actually use technology to create products. I also realized that more professional development in this area that I am weak in. I would have to agree with this survey as well because I now realize that I do not integrate technology into my curriculum for students to actually use. I only use it to teach with rather than teach students how to use it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment